★ Make a positive impact on someone’s life.
- Watch them develop into happy, confident global citizens, familiar with British values and ready to make their own mark in the world.
★ Share you family traditions/culture and learn other traditions and cultures
- Introducing students to our culture gives them a genuine understanding of how we live in the UK and helps them to improve their spoken English. It also gives you an insight into theirs.
★ Fill your home with fun and laughter
- Many of our host families have adult children who have now “fled the nest”. They have found hosting students to be an excellent way to fill the house again and relive school time experiences.
★ Make lifelong friendships
- The bond between a student and host family often lasts long after a student has finished school.
★ Supplemental income
- Becoming a host family is a great (tax free) supplemental income and it all adds up, particularly if you are looking after more than one child or hosting over a half-term or school holiday.